Leading Architectural Services in Wiltshire
Tim Weeding Building Design Services was established 1991 having spent several years employed by local Architectural Practice and later by national Building Contractor in Design and Build Office.
Tim left school 1964 and has now spent 45 years in this profession the first 25 years lent over a drawing board but since 1990 using AutoCAD as the drawing tool.
The Practice offers full Architectural Services over an area approx 25 mile radius of its base in Devizes covering major towns (Devizes, Marlborough, Chippenham, Melksham, Trowbridge, Westbury and Warminster) and all surrounding villages.
We specialise in new build residential developments, alterations and extensions to existing residential property, barn conversions, industrial and commercial developments, etc.
Practice services are covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance details of which are available on request.
Building Plans prepared using computer aided drafting for Local Authority submission for Planning Permission, Listed Building Consent and Building Regulation Approval.
The practice offers full Architectural Services comprising:
- Building measurement surveys and topographical land surveys for preparation of building survey drawings to indicate plans, elevations, sections and site plan to include drainage, site services and site levels, etc.
- Feasibility design proposals including budget building cost information for discussions with Client and for their approval.
- Submission of feasibility design proposals to Local Authority when applicable for planning officer informal comments and discussions.
- Preparation of final Design Drawings and Design + Access Statements when applicable for submission to Local Authority for Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent as required.
- Preparation of Detailed Construction Drawings for construction purposes and submission to Local Authority for Building Regulation Approval to include liaison with Structural Engineer and Mechanical and Electrical Engineers when required.
- Preparation of Specifications to include contract particulars and preliminaries.
- Advise client regarding contractor list for tendering, prepare tender information, liaise with contractors during tendering, tender assessment and advise client regarding appointment of contractor.
- Preparation of contract documents.
- Contract supervision and administration including issue of instructions and agreement of interim valuations.
- Practical Completion inspections.
- Agreement of final accounts.
- Defects Liability inspections.
Whilst the Practice is able to offer all of the above services we are also happy to offer a ‘drawing only’ service to include preparation and submissions to Local Authority for planning permission, listed building consent and building regulation approval and hand the package to the client for them to undertake or organise the building works themselves.